California Dried Fruit, Association of
The Association of California Dried Fruit is a trade group supporting the dried fruit industry. The association is located in Sacramento.
The association was formed in February 1908. Founders were:
- Albert Castle of Castle Brothers
- D. J. Guggenhime of Guggenhime and Company
- J. K. Armsby of J. K. Armsby and Company.
- Henry E. Losse of H.E. Losse and Company (listed as "Losse Packing Company")
- Abraham Rosenberg of Rosenberg Brothers
- C.W. Griffin of Griffin and Skelley (listed as "Griffin-Skelley Company")
- Alex Goldstein of Phoenix Packing
- Charles G. Bonner of Bonner Packing
- F.G. Baker of J. B. Inderrieden
The organization formed because of events: the 1907 financial panic, which coincided with a realization that quality standards and better business and sanitary practices were needed in the industry. In addition, the Federal Bureau of Chemistry was doing research into the safety of sulfured fruits.
|San Jose||1964||478 West San Carlos|
|Sacramento||2013||710 Striker Ave.|
- Organization History, Dried Fruit Association of California.