East Side Fruit Growers Union
Dried Fruit Packer,Cooperative
The East Side Fruit Growers Union was a grower's cooperative on the east side of the Santa Clara Valley. Their packing house was on Tully Road at McLaughlin Road. Santa Clara valley east side growers and dryer. The association was formed in 1893. The union worked with the other growers cooperatives to form the California Fruit Association, a common sales agency. The East Side Fruit Growers Union also considered joining with the West Side Fruit Growers Association to participate in the Pacific Coast Prune Growers Association in 1899
|East Side||1900, 1903||Tully at McLaughlin.|
- California State Board of Agriculture report in 1894
- March 10, 1899 San Jose Evening News
- Fruit Unions Will Hold Meetings: May 6, 1903 San Jose Evening News. "...at its warehouse on Tully Road near McLaughlin Ave."
- Fruit Union Directors Hold Meeting Today: [May 22, 1903 Evening News. "...held this afternoon at the dryer on the Tully Road near McLaughlin Ave.".
- San Francisco Call list of drop off points for the California Cured Fruit Association.