San Leandro Canning Company
California Packing Corporation
H. G. Prince was a jelly maker and later canner in the San Francisco Bay Area. Originally a jelly maker in San Francisco, the company expanded to build canneries in Fruitvale and San Leandro. Their San Leandro plant had formerly been the San Leandro Canning Company, and was bought in May 1922 Prince was sold to California Packing Corporation between 1925 and 1930; product canned in their plants continued to have the H. G. Prince name on the labels through at least the 1940's.
H. G. Prince was an early user of trucks rather than the railroad to bring the crops to the cannery. The cannery found that sending fruit by rail from meant stopping picking by 2:30 to get the crop to the railhead. With the trucks, crews could be picking til almost 5:00.
Photos of employees from Oakland Museum.