Larson Ladder Company
-1897 - 1968
Larson Ladder was a San Jose manufacturer well known for their orchard ladders. George Larson started building orchard ladders in 1897 for his own orchard on Saratoga Ave. George died by 1922, but his three sons (Louis, George, and William Larson) kept the company going. The company had a plant on Moorpark Ave. west of Meridian Ave. by 1928, with 20-40 workers producing orchard ladders, washboards, ironing boards, and other wooden items. The plant expanded to a two story building in 1935. During a 1941 strike, the company had grown to 108 workers.
Larson Ladder closed down in 1968.
|San Jose||1928-1945||Moorpark Avenue, west of Meridian.|
- EBay auction for 1920's or 1930's vintage ironing table by the Larson Ladder Co.
- World's Largest Orchard Ladder Factory Here: August 6, 1928 San Jose News Great article describing the business.
- April 16, 1941 San Jose News
- November 1, 1945 San Jose News
- Coast Division Drawing #28118: Proposed Spur to serve Larson Ladder, February 19, 1952. Part of a collection of engineering drawings from www.wx4.org's Dome of Foam
- history of Larson Pallet