Difference between revisions of "Libby, McNeil, and Libby"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 15:33, 30 October 2013
Libby, McNeil, and Libby was a Chicago-based canner, organized in 1875. Their Sunnyvale cannery, opened in 1907, was large and long-lived; the water tank from the cannery still sits in the industrial park off Mathilda, painted as one of Libby's cans. Libby's opened the Sunnyvale cannery as their first west-coast plant due to the encouragement of local real estate agents and proximity to San Francisco Sunnyvale had primarily been a meat-packing company; the Sunnyvale plant was an attempt to broaden their product line The cannery closed in 1983.
|Sacramento||1913-1982||1724 Stockton Ave.||History|
|Sacramento||1914||Folsom Blvd. and Hazel Ave||Olive pickling.|
|San Francisco||1912||112 Market Street||Santa Marina Building|
|San Jose||4th and Lewis||(1926, 1927, leased from California Prune and Apricot Growers)|
|Santa Clara||Franklin Street||(1927, being built) (dried fruit, acc to "June 3, 1941 San Jose News":http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=e1wlAAAAIBAJ|
|Sunnyvale||1907, 1962||Mathilda and Evelyn Avenue||water tank still exists.|