Santa Clara County Fruit Union
Dried Fruit Packer,Cooperative
The Santa Clara County Fruit Union was a San Jose-based cooperative dried fruit packing and marketing organization, apparently organized in September 1899. Several cooperatives were formed during the 1890's; the Santa Clara County Fruit Exchange was affiliated with several of the other cooperatives, but the Santa Clara County Fruit Union appears to have stood apart. The Union was also a delivery point for fruit for the California Cured Fruit Union during the 1900 season.
The organization's secretary in 1900 was W. P. Cragin.
|San Jose||1902, 1904, 1906||Ryland near San Pedro|
- September 24, 1899 San Francisco Call.
- Cooperation In Marketing Pacific Coast Dried Fruit: Proceedings of the 24th Fruit-Growers Convention, 1900, California State Board of Horticulture.
- Where Prune Growers May Deliver Crops: July 29, 1900 San Francisco Call.
- Letter to the Editor: Prune Yield in the Santa Clara Valley: May 5, 1900 Pacific Rural Press.
- 1902 San Jose City Directory