Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Colombo Market was a covered produce market in San Francisco. Built in 1876, it was started by Italian immigrants from Genoa. It occupied a full block near the Embarcadero, bounded by Pacfic, Front, Davis, and Jackson Streets. It was closed in the early 1960s to make way for the Golden Gateway redevelopment project. The site is now Sydney G. Walton Square, and the old brick arch entrance to the market is now the entrance to the square.
By 1881, it had become the center of the produce industry in San Francisco.