|Curt V. F. Roemer|
|Employer||San Tomas Drying Company|
|Occupation||Orchardist, grocer, dried fruit packer|
Curt V. F. Roemer was a Santa Clara valley dried fruit packer and businessman. Roemer operated the San Tomas Drying Company packing house. He was also secretary for the Farmer's Union of Los Gatos. The 1911 San Jose city directory lists him as "dry fruit packer, w.s. Infirmary Road, 5 n or Hamilton Ave., Campbell at a location matching the San Tomas Drying Company plant.
A 1920 city directory shows him working as a grocery and living in Los Gatos
- Los Gatos Correspondence. September 5, 1896 Pacific Rural Press. "Los Gatos Correspondence : "The first carload of prunes to leave here this year was shipped yesterday by Curt Roemer of the San Tomas Drier over the Sunset route for the Eastern market. This is not only the first carload to leave Los Gatos, but the county or State, and is the product of the one drier. Mr. Roemer should have had the honor last year, as the first shipment then made was gathered from two or three plants and was a combination shipment made two days prior to his first carload of his own preserving. Mr. Roemer is entitled to the belt, having won in two straight heats."
- Curt V. F. Roemer, secretary Farmer's Union and fruit drier, residence 3 miles out San Thomas Road.". 1893 San Jose City Directory.
- Farmers' Union of Los Gatos, Curt Roemer, sec., Willard Lee, mngr, gen mdse, Santa Cruz Ave.
- Roemer Curt V. F. (Mary). dry fruit packer w s Infirmary rd 5 n of Hamilton av., r same Campbell r f d 9
- Roemer Curt, grocer. 1920 San Jose City Directory, Los Gatos section.