Drenton Packing was a San Jose canner operating just after World War II. The principal owner apparently was Robert O. Drenton. Robert only appears with the occupation "packer" in the 1945 San Jose City directory; before that, he listed a property at 1556 Meridian Road (sometimes 556) as his home. Drenton leased Abinante and Nola's canning building on Sunol Ave in 1946, and bought the plant in late 1946. The business was sold to Stapleton-Spence in 1951; Stapleton-Spence used the plant for canned prunes from 1951 until around 1954.
|San Jose||1946-1951||385 Sunol Street|