National Ice and Cold Storage Company
National Ice and Cold Storage Company was a large ice supplier and cold storage warehouser with warehouses throughout California. The company produced natural ice near Floriston, California. In 1905, the company had warehouses in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Riverside, Santa Rosa, and Oakland. The company also ran a dehydrator in Gilroy.
In 1915, the plant at San Francisco used a diesel generator to compress ammonia.
|Los Angeles||210 Center Street.|
|San Francisco||1960||Union St. and Battery St..|
|Santa Rosa||1937||12 Sebastopol Ave.|
- . National Ice and Cold Storage Company of California vs Commissioner. United States Tax Court, 6 T.C.M. 80 (1947)
- August 1905 Monthly Bulletin of the California State Board of Health.
- Important Factor in Marketing Crops (dehydration as side business for canning): May 1921 Canning Age . Includes photo of National Ice and Cold Storage's dehydrator plant in Gilroy.
- J. B. Howell, Report on Test of Diesel Engine Plant of the National Ice and Cold Storage Company, San Francisco, Cal. Journal of the American Society for Naval Engineers, February 1915.
- citrusmodeling mailing list.
- William Kaufman and Michelle Kaufman, "The State Belt: San Francisco's Waterfront Railroad".
- Photo, National Ice and Cold Storage of San Francisco. At Sonoma County Library Photo Collection.]