S. J. Spoelstra
dried fruit packer
Siebren. J. Spoelstra was the builder of a potential fruit drying plant on Race Street in San Jose. The company announced plans for a two story drying plant in 1919. The builder was Robert Summers, and architect was Binder and Curtis. The building would be concrete, two story, and "exceptionally well-lit. (Perhaps the future United States Products cannery?)
|San Jose||1919||Race Street near Southern Pacific tracks|
- August 15, 1919 Southwest Builder and Contractor.
- Pacific Coast Dehydrating Plants: August 1919 Western Canner and Packer. The plant was to be built near the SP tracks.
- Dehydrating Plant: In August 1919 Architect and Engineer.
- Method and Apparatus for dehydrating material. US Patent 1418386.
- Method of cooling and dehydrating materials. US Patent 1446054.
- Dehydrating apparatus. [http://www.google.com.gh/patents/US1413924 US Patent 1413924.