Category:Dried Fruit Packer
Dried fruit packers in the Santa Clara Valley bought fruit from local farmers, and re-sold it to wholesalers or retailers. Packing house buyers would visit or mail the farms early in the season, estimate the likely size of the crop, and offer a price per pound for the delivered fruit. The farmers were responsible for drying the fruit and transporting it to the packing house once the harvest came in. The packing houses then sorted, washed, and packed the fruit.
Pages in category "Dried Fruit Packer"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- C. L. Dick Dried Fruit
- California Package Fruit Company
- California Peach and Fig Growers
- California Prune and Apricot Growers
- Campbell Farmer's Union Packing Company
- Campbell Fruit Growers Union
- Campbell Packing Company
- Castle Brothers
- Central Santa Clara Fruit Company
- Charles E. Bell
- Cuneo Brothers
- Curtis Packing